Legacy’s exceptional clinical team includes Clinical Professional Counselors, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists in addition to licensed interns in each of these modalities. Each bring years of experience in a variety of treatment settings, with a diverse population. Using an integrated approach to therapy, Legacy’s clinical team uses eclectic methodology including but not limited to; Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Play Therapy, and Contextual Therapy when appropriate.
Legacy has clinicians who work within the office setting as well as those who work in the community. From the beginning of our inception we saw a need within skilled nursing facilities for services to address issues such as anxiety, depression, end of life, and adjustment to new circumstances. Whether a person is only living in a facility for a short-term stay or it is determined long-term care is the plan, we have the privilege to share the journey with these amazing individuals and do our best to assist them along the way.
Whether it be in the office or in the community, Legacy’s clinical team has extensive experience providing therapeutic services in the form of individual, group, play therapy, couples, and family sessions for those facing life challenges. The Legacy clinical team treats a variety of therapeutic issues including mental health disorders, substance abuse/dependency, co-occurring disorders, sexual orientation/identity issues, and/or reunification services. Our clinicians are passionate about supporting individuals through difficult times and celebrating each success, no matter how big or small!
Teepa Snow’s PAC certification:
Therapists with Positive Approach to Care (PAC) certification have specialized training in dementia, the progression, effective interventions, and skills training for caregivers.
Therapists with training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) enables people to heal from the symptoms and emotional distress that are the result of disturbing life experiences. EMDR therapy shows that the mind can in fact heal from psychological trauma much as the body recovers from physical trauma. EMDR therapy demonstrates that a similar sequence of events toward healing occurs with mental processes. The brain’s information processing system naturally moves toward mental health. If the system is blocked or imbalanced by the impact of a disturbing event, the emotional wound festers and can cause intense suffering. Once the block is removed, healing resumes. Using the detailed protocols and procedures learned in EMDR therapy training sessions, clinicians help clients activate their natural healing processes.
Parts and Memory Certification:
Therapists trained in this technique use the parts of the person’s whole self that carry the painful life experiences and neutralizes them. In other words, parts of the whole person carry the painful memories and the memories are the targets for healing interventions. Healing is done by visualizations that neutralize the emotional energy connected to the memories.
Legacy has a variety of administrative roles who work tirelessly to ensure the needs of those we serve are met. These talented individuals are dedicated to a standard of excellence and regularly meet to discuss new ideas, streamline processes, and brainstorm about support and recognition of staff accomplishments. It is Legacy’s belief that supporting and encouraging staff enriches how they view themselves and the efficacy of their work with those who trust our services when they are at their most vulnerable.
Administrative roles include:
• Clerical staff, who welcome new and returning patients, answer questions, schedule appointments, and maintain and update our records.
• Direct Supervisors, who oversee our Rehabilitative Mental Health (RMH) providers, work with the Clinical Supervisor to ensure ongoing, evidence-based client treatment, and provide initial and ongoing training for our Providers.
• A Tier Coordinator, who facilitates and maintains our relationships with the skilled nursing facilities we partner with, performs educational in-services, and coordinates continued behavioral care services.
• A Clinical Supervisor, who oversees our Therapists, reviews cases to ensure appropriate, evidence-based care is being provided, responds to crises, and provides initial and ongoing training to therapists in order to ensure they are competent in working with the wide variety of diverse populations seen at our agency.
• A Compliance Officer, who maintains tracking systems and monitors quality assurance in order to ensure agency services are compliant with state and federal guidelines and our high standard of quality care.
• Human Resources, who manage employee and contractor hiring, disciplinary issues, benefits coordination, and respond to complaints, feedback, and staffing needs.
• Director, who oversees all operations within the agency, communicates with department heads in order to coordinate appropriate service provision, and works to constantly monitor, improve upon, and expand the services provided by Legacy in the office and community.